InfraChallenge : Innovate. Disrupt. Transform. / Terms and Conditions
1. Information and instructions on how to enter forms part of these terms of entry. Entry into the Infrachallenge is deemed acceptance of these terms of entry.The promoter is Global
2. Infrastructure Hub (ABN 46 602 505 064) of Level 23, 68 Pitt Street, Sydney, Australia, 2000 (Promoter).
3. The following dates are relevant to the Infrachallenge, unless otherwise amended by the Promoter from time to time:
(a) entries open on 2 December 2019 at 12.01 am AEDT and close on 28 February 2020 at 11.59 pm AEDT (Entry Period);
(b) judging for Shortlist Entrants will be completed by 11.59 pm AEDT 13 March 2020 (in accordance with clause 18(a));
(c) Shortlist Entrants who are chosen to proceed to the Infrachallenge Event will be notified by 11.59 pm AEDT 20 March 2020;
(d) the Infrachallenge event will be held in June 2020 (final date to be confirmed by Promoter) in Europe at a location to be confirmed by the Promotor (Infrachallenge Event);
(e) the Grand Prize winner will be notified in person at the Infrachallenge Event.
4. Entry into the competition is free. Certain ancillary costs will be at the expense of the chosen entrants as set out at clause 18(b)(v).
5. Entry is open to any individual over the age of 18 years resident anywhere in the world, who has also reached the age of majority in their place of residence at the time of entry. Employees, representatives and agents of the Promoter or any related body corporate and judges of the Infrachallenge and their immediate families as well as all persons residing with these persons’ residences are not eligible to enter the Infrachallenge. Bodies corporate, trusts and other business entities are not eligible to enter the Infrachallenge. While the Grand Prize winner will be chosen based on the Event Judging Panel’s assessment of the solution presented and the ability to implement the solution to a social or economic infrastructure issue or problem (see clause 18(b)(ix) below), chances of winning depend on the number of entries received.
6. The Promoter may in its absolute discretion refuse to award any prize to you if you fail to comply with these terms of entry and may amend these terms of entry from time to time to correct minor errors or to change the date and location of the Infrachallenge Event if necessary due to venue or scheduling problems, provided that if you do not agree to any amendments you are free to withdraw from the Infrachallenge.
7. To enter, you must:
(a) design a digital-based solution for a social or economic infrastructure issue or problem;
(b) submit the proposal online via the Infrachallenge website submission page in the accepted format during the Entry Period.
8. Multiple entries are not allowed.
9. Entries submitted other than in accordance with these terms of entry will not be eligible for entry into the Infrachallenge. Incomplete or non-conforming entries will be deemed invalid. If you wish to confirm whether your solution is ‘digital based’ for the purposes of eligibility, you can check the Infrachallenge website, or contact the Promotor, who will use reasonable efforts to respond. It is the responsibility of entrants to decide whether and when to make a submission, and the Promotor accepts no responsibility for failing to respond to any such request (at all or within any particular time).
10. Submissions received after the Entry Period will not be eligible for entry into the Infrachallenge.
11. Submissions may be lodged online via the Infrachallenge website at any time during the Entry Period. Submissions may not be changed, edited, or altered once submitted.
12. Submissions are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission by the entrant. The Promoter is not responsible nor liable for late, lost, or misdirected submissions, or submissions not received by us for any reason whatsoever.
13. Any costs associated with entering the Infrachallenge and accessing the website are your responsibility.
14. By entering the Infrachallenge (and subject to clauses 41 to 43), you:
(a) consent to your submission and entry being used by the Promoter in accordance with these terms of entry and for the purposes of administration of the Infrachallenge;
(b) consent to the Promoter and any of the Promoter’s nominees, using your name, images (whether still or moving), and voice in any media (including on the Promoter’s website, the Infrachallenge website, and the Promoter’s and the Infrachallenge’s social media accounts) in perpetuity, without limitation and without compensation to the entrant; and
(c) agree, at the Promoter’s request, to participate in and cooperate as required with any marketing or promotional activity (such as an interview) surrounding the Infrachallenge or the winning of a prize. You agree that you will not be remunerated for this participation.
15. All valid entries received during the Entry Period will be reviewed by the Preliminary Judging Panel. The Preliminary Judging Panel will be constituted of 6 judges, being 4 representatives from the Promoter with experience in the field of infrastructure, and 2 representatives from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) with experience in the field of technology.
16. This is a skill-based promotion. Chance will not play any role in determining the shortlist finalists or the Grand Prize winner. Each submission will be individually judged based on the Judging Criteria set out on the Infrachallenge website at infrachallenge.gihub.org (Judging Criteria).
17. The Infrachallenge will proceed in 2 stages as follows, at the conclusion of the Entry Period:
(a) Stage 1: Submissions
(i) The Preliminary Judging Panel will judge each submission in accordance with the Judging Criteria.
(ii) In the first round of judging, the Preliminary Judging Panel will select up to 20 entrants whose submissions, on the assessment of the Preliminary Judging Panel, best meet the Judging Criteria. These 20 entrants will proceed to a shortlist, where they will be ranked from 1 to 20 in accordance with the Preliminary Judging Panel’s assessment of how they meet the Judging Criteria.
(iii) The shortlist entrants ranked 1 to 10 will then be selected to proceed to the Infrachallenge Event.
(iv) Shortlisted entrants will be determined in the Preliminary Judging Panel’s sole discretion based on the quantity and its judgement of the quality of submissions received.
(b) Stage 2: Infrachallenge Event
(i) The shortlisted entrants who are chosen to proceed to the Infrachallenge Event (Shortlist Entrants) will be notified by no later than 30 May 2020. The Shortlist Entrants will be contacted via the contact details provided to the Promoter at the time of entry.
(ii) The Infrachallenge Event will be held in June 2020 (final date to be confirmed by Promoter) in Europe at a location to be confirmed by the Promotor.
(iii) Shortlist Entrants will present their submission to a panel of judges (Event Judging Panel), in front of a live audience. Shortlist Entrants may bring in any device(s) that may assist them in the presentation.
(iv) The Event Judging Panel will be constituted of 5 judges, being 1 representative from the Promoter with experience in the field of infrastructure, 1 representative from MIT with experience in the field of technology, 1 judge being an expert in the field of infrastructure, 1 judge being an academic, and 1 judge being an expert in the field of technology and digital.
(v) The Promoter will make travel arrangements for the Shortlist Entrants and fund those travel arrangements up to the value of AUD 4,000 per Shortlist Entrant. These arrangements include:
(A) economy return flights for each Shortlist Entrant from each entrant’s nearest airport to the location of the Infrachallenge Event;
(B) accommodation at a hotel of the Promoter’s choice for each Shortlist Entrant for 2 nights;
(C) ground transport from the airport nearest to the location of the Infrachallenge Event to the accommodation and return;
(D) ground transport from the accommodation to the Infrachallenge Event and return;
(E) breakfast (included with the accommodation), and on-site lunch catering at the Infrachallenge Event,
and all other meals, beverages, extra activities, spending money, and all other ancillary costs (including travel insurance) not expressly provided, as well as the responsibility to obtain any of these, are the responsibility of the Shortlist Entrant. Travel arrangements are at the Promoter’s discretion.
(vi) Shortlist Entrants are responsible for travel arrangements to and from their nearest airport to their residences.
(vii) Inability to attend the Infrachallenge Event will disqualify a Shortlist Entrant from the Infrachallenge.
(viii) The Promoter assumes no responsibility, and each Shortlist Entrant releases the Promoter from all responsibility and liability for any injury, damage to persons or property, occurring as a result of or during travel to and from, and attendance at, the Infrachallenge Event.
(ix) At the conclusion of the Shortlist Entrants’ presentations (and subject to clause 18(b)(x)), the Event Judging Panel will rank the Shortlist Entrants from 1 to 10 based on the Event Judging Panel’s assessment of how they meet the Judging Criteria, and the Event Judging Panel’s assessment of the feasibility of the solution presented by each of the Shortlist Entrants, and each Shortlist Entrant’s ability to implement its solution to a social or economic infrastructure issue or problem. The Shortlist Entrant ranked first will then win the Grand Prize.
(x) The Event Judging Panel reserves the right not to choose a Grand Prize winning entry and not to award any Grand Prize if they deem no Shortlist Entrant has adequately met the Infrachallenge Event Judging Criteria.
18. The judging panels’ decisions will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. The Promoter will award prizes as follows:
(a) First Stage Prizes x 10: Each of the 10 Shortlist Entrants will be provided with the travel, accommodation and associated benefits set out in clause 18(b)(v) above in connection with the Infrachallenge Event up to a maximum value of AUD 4,000; and
(b) Grand Prize: the winning entrant, if any, will be provided with a single prize of a support package equal in value to AUD 50,000 (comprising various support and professional services components, such as marketing, mentoring and professional development, as determined by the Promotor), which must be used to develop the winning solution presented at the Infrachallenge Event.
20. The total prize pool is valued at AUD 90,000 (incl. GST).
21. The Grand Prize winner (if any) will be notified in person at the Infrachallenge Event and in writing at the conclusion of the Infrachallenge Event in June 2020. The name of the winner (if any) will be published on the Infrachallenge website on or around the time that the winner is announced.
22. If a winner (either a Grand Prize winner or Shortlist Entrant) is disqualified or deemed ineligible in accordance with these terms of entry or a prize remains unclaimed after 14 days, and after reasonable efforts have been made by the Promoter to contact a winner, the winner forfeits the prize and the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to the next-ranked entrant as determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion. The substitute winner, if any, will be notified via email and published on the Infrachallenge website.
23. The prize of the support package will be delivered to the Grand Prize winner in a manner to be agreed with the winner, based on the winner’s availability for the various professional support components and the winner’s own progress in developing their winning solution (but otherwise within a reasonable period).
24. By accepting the Grand Prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing activities relating to the Grand Prize.
25. Entrants should seek independent financial advice regarding their participation in the Infrachallenge as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting a prize. Unless otherwise stated by the applicable tax regulation, any such tax implications are the sole responsibility of the entrant and the Promotor takes no responsibility and has no liability for any tax obligations of the entrants generally or winner specifically.
26. The Grand Prize must be used directly to develop and/or implement the winner’s solution presented at the Infrachallenge Event, as determined reasonably by the Promotor. This means that, for example, the support package provided as part of the Grand Prize must not be used in connection with ideas or solutions unrelated to the winning solution (such as exploring the feasibility of a different technology from that which was presented in the winning solution).
27. The Grand Prize winner must keep and maintain appropriate records (including any record required by the Promoter) to evidence that it is complying with clause 27. The winner agrees to give the Promoter and/or its authorised representatives access to all such records within a reasonable time of being requested, and in the format reasonably requested.
28. If the Grand Prize winner breaches clause 27, or the Promoter reasonably believes the winner has breached clause 27, the Promoter may do any one or more of the following:
(a) withhold some or all of the Grand Prize;
(b) reduce the total amount of the Grand Prize;
(c) impose additional conditions on the provision of the Grand Prize; and
(d) require the winner to return some or all of the Grand Prize.
29. If the Grand Prize winner is unable to use all of the Grand Prize for the implementation of its submission, then the Promoter may reduce the total amount of the Grand Prize to the amount able to be used by the winner.
30. All entries are subject to moderation and review and may be rejected or removed at the absolute discretion of the Promoter.
31. Each entrant makes the following warranties to the Promoter:
(a) All submissions and presentations provided to the Promoter and the judging panels during the course of the Infrachallenge (Work or Works) are substantially the entrant’s own work.
(b) The Work does not infringe the rights of any third party, including, without limitation, intellectual property rights and moral rights. The entrant agrees to indemnify and release the Promoter against and from all costs and claims by third parties arising from a breach of this warranty.
(c) The Promoter will not breach any third party rights (including intellectual property rights and moral rights) when using any Work for the purposes the Infrachallenge and for future promotional purposes, so long as it uses the Work in accordance with these terms.
(d) The entrant owns the copyright and any other intellectual property rights in any material submitted in connection with the Infrachallenge and they have the power and authority to agree to and grant rights in the Work to the Promoter.
(e) The Work will not contain any content that is considered offensive or are derogatory or threatening in any way, or which conveys hatred or harm against any group or person, or otherwise does not comply with the theme and spirit of the Infrachallenge.
32. All entries will be accepted at the discretion of the Promoter, who will exercise its judgement in ruling on questions of eligibility. The ruling of the Promoter on questions of eligibility will be final, and no further correspondence will be entered into.
33. Infrachallenge entries remain the property of the entrant. Copyright in any Work remains the sole property of the entrant.
34. Upon submission, each entrant grants the Promoter a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, transferrable, sublicensable, irrevocable licence to the Promoter to exercise the intellectual property rights in the Work in connection with the Infrachallenge and to use the Work for any business-related purpose in any medium or in the promotion of the Promoter’s work (as applicable). The entrant must to the maximum extent permitted by law, and warrants that it has, obtained all necessary consents from individuals not to enforce any moral rights (or similar rights) that may otherwise exist or be enforceable by those individuals absent that consent.
35. The Grand Prize is provided for the purpose of funding the implementation of the winning submission. The Grand Prize, or any unused portion of the Grand Prize, cannot be transferred to third parties or redeemed for cash or other value, free of the obligation to use it to implement the winning entry. For clarity, paying third party suppliers for inputs into the implementation of the winning entry is permitted.
36. A First Stage Prize, or any unused portion of a First Stage Prize, cannot be transferred to third parties or redeemed for cash or other value.
37. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, and in its sole discretion to:
(a) request entrants to provide proof of identity;
(b) verify the validity of entries;
(c) disqualify any entry that it considers to be illegal, discriminatory, offensive or otherwise inappropriate; and
(d) disqualify any entrant who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these terms of entry or engaged in any unlawful or other improper conduct or any conduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Infrachallenge.
38. If for any reason the Infrachallenge is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, any technical difficulties or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of the Infrachallenge, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Infrachallenge, subject to state regulation.
39. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any goods or services offered as part of the Infrachallenge. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss (including indirect and consequential loss) suffered to person or property by reason of any act or omission (including deliberate or negligent acts or omissions) by the Promoter or its employees or agents, in connection with entry into the Infrachallenge, the arrangement for the supply, or the supply, of goods or services by any person to the Shortlist Entrants or Grand Prize winner and, where applicable to any persons accompanying the Shortlist Entrants or Grand Prize winner. This clause does not affect any rights a consumer may have which are unable to be excluded under applicable law. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Promoter or its employees or agents for breach of any such rights is limited (at the Promoter’s election), in the case of a supply of goods, the Promoter replacing or repairing the goods or supplying equivalent goods, or in the case of a supply of services, the Promoter supplying the services again or paying the cost of having the services supplied again.
40. Failure of the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
41. If any provision is or becomes illegal, unenforceable or invalid in any jurisdiction, it is to be treated as being read down or severed from this document to the maximum extent allowable in the relevant jurisdiction, but the rest of this document will not be affected and the remaining provisions will continue in force.
42. The Promoter collects entrant personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting the Infrachallenge (including but not limited to determining and notifying winners of the First Stage Prizes and Grand Prize). If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot participate in the Infrachallenge.
43. By entering the promotion, unless otherwise advised, each entrant also agrees that the Promoter may use personal information collected (including an entrant’s name, images (whether still or moving) and voice) for the purposes of administration of the Infrachallenge, and in any media in perpetuity for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without limitation, any further reference, or payment or other compensation to the entrant, including sending the entrant electronic messages.
44. The Promoter will hold and process the entrant’s personal information in accordance with the Promoter’s privacy policies (copies of which can be found on the Infrachallenge website at www.infrachallenge.gihub.org/privacy-policy).
45. Except to the extent otherwise provided under the laws of an entrant’s resident country, if a dispute arises regarding these terms of entry, the Infrachallenge, or any prize:
(a) the laws of New South Wales, Australia will apply; and
(b) you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales and courts competent to hear appeals from them.